I am a compulsive list maker. I always have been. I make lists of things I need, things I want, things to do, places to go, books to read and such. But I also make more random lists as a form of entertainment. Happy words that begin with the letter T. Favorite purple foods. Thai restaurants passed on the bus ride home.
Today, I offer you snippets of conversation overheard on the bus.
- “So, how’s your Demon child?”
- “My biggest headache is the two year old.”
- “What am I gonna do? My bladder’s gonna burst!”
- “If I were going to have a piece of taxidermy in the house, that’d be it.”
- “My friend had a nervous breakdown, so I have to go get my daughter.”
The things you hear when you pay attention. What have you overheard lately?
*photo from pbo31’s flickr.