· When she plays telephone, she ends all her calls with “OK, I’ll buzz you up!”
· When she plays with toy cars, she spends at least a few minutes “looking for parking”.
· She points out all the empty parking spaces in any parking lot and cheers once we park.
· She asks to go to brunch or downtown as often as she asks to go to the playground.
· She knows the bus lines and says things like “Mama, we taking the 44 bus?”
· She saw an illustration of an Italian sidewalk café in her Babar book and said “Mama, I want to go there.”
· She occasionally says “Mama, I want to go to the liquor store”. (They have freeze dried fruit and fancy cheese — it’s pretty awesome, but perhaps I should start calling it “the corner store”.)
· She knows that pennies, nickels and dimes are fair game for her piggy bank, but quarters are sacred.