1. It is my 36th birthday and I am not at work.
2. Finding a heart in my apple pie.
3. I haven’t had a haircut in 6 months (not awesome) but I’m getting one today (awesome)!
4. The Final Countdown on cello.
5. These two.
6. When I tell Abby I am a silly lady, she says “No Mama! You are a silly girl!”
7. More birthday pancakes, this time made by Marcus.
8. Anthropologie latte bowls in discontinued colors for $2.
9. Restaurants that look like sparkly forests.
10. The beach on a cold day.
11. Most of the cards I received this year were intended for little girls.
12. Fall leaves in January.
13. My mother saying, “Are you turning 36?” This is awesome because she got it wrong last year.
14. Giant bouncy slides.
15. Happy window dances.
16. The Magnolia Bakery vanilla cupcake recipe baked as a layer cake – substituting brown sugar for half the white sugar. Best birthday cake ever.
17. Baking assistants who make the kitchen look like this.
18. A husband who really really really wants to buy you a cake because he doesn’t think anyone should bake their own birthday cake.
19. Baking your own birthday cake.
21. Finland’s apparent love of seriously rocking the cello.
22. Israeli couscous. Go make some now!
24. 4 cups of coffee before sunrise.
25. Finding fairy houses at the park.
26. Giant rainbows outside my office.
27. This box of oatmeal.
28. Stargazer lilies.
29. The key to the castle.
30. This title for a book.
31. Jelly fish.
32. Did I mention coffee? Coffee is really awesome.
33. The Ditty Bops.
34. Putting that black Hawaiian sea salt from Trader Joe’s on dulce de leche ice cream. Hello salted caramel!
36. You! You are awesome.